Wednesday 8 September 2010

Funny Face, Richard Avedon





In past research I have mentioned the fashion photographer Richard Avedon and also gave him his own post on my blog. So while relaxing watching Audrey Hepburns Funny Face as the credits role over, I'm sitting back enjoying the graphics and images that combine to create the title sequence. Richard Avedons name appears stating he is the visual consultant of the film also creator of the title sequence. 
It gives me great comfort that even in the 50s the major fashion lovers contributed to film and moving image. The sequence is so fresh compared to its time, even before I realised it was one of Avedons creations I was captivated by a great fashion piece. 
In my second year of Uni I created my own fashion title sequence and had so much fun with it as I was creating something I was interested in.
Over the Summer I have been elaborating on certain interests of mine which included fashion and the glamour of the 1940s and 50s. The title sequence in Funny Face represents them both.   

No comments:

Post a Comment