Friday 4 September 2009

Edgar Degas







Edgar Degas was based around the late 19th century and the early 2oth century and is one of the late painters I admire the most. He belongs to the Impressionist movement which is characterised by small strokes of the brush, the concept of reflected light within pieces is very important within the movement also. His work mainly revolved around dancers, as a dancer myself his pieces are interesting for me to observe. His skills to captivate the great angles and movement of the dancers is superb. His pieces dance with line which makes me think Degas was ahead of his time as he is not controlled by the exact outlines of the subject being portrayed. I can't help but to be reminded of the work of fashion illustrators when I look upon such works of Degas as they grasp a sketchy though beautiful look. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment