Friday 12 March 2010

Glen Keane




Glen Keane is a second generation artist who started his career at The Walt Disney Studios in 1974.
I've created a link to his blog featuring all his major work for Disney e.g The Little mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin to name a few.
Many of his work is hand-drawn and well defined.
The images above are only a few sketches from Disney's Pocahontas. I remember the scene from the film it being a major part where pocahontas the native and John Smith the englishman meet for the very first time. No words are said just the imagery above of close-up and extreme close-up.
The images are very emotional especially the extreme close-up of pocahontas. Her eyes are startling and we are drawn in.
Many of his work seems to be character development which all I've seen is drawn. Like the conceptual art I've been looking at this could be classed as character concept work. Again something I'd love to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment